Type in your e-mail address below if you don't want to miss a single crazy beat.
Thursday, September 26, 2013
A Review (or critique depending on how you look at it) of the Teen Icon
It's times like these, when I'm holed up in my room doing homework, that I realize how lucky I am to not be a teen superstar and/or sensation; their life sucks and in some instances, they're straight up awful people.
As an average teenager, I am allowed the luxury of sleeping whenever, for however long I'd like (until my mom walks in and screams for me to get up). These teen idols, however, are forced to live on a routinized schedule prohibiting them from just sleeping in or gallivanting around the town with their friends.
I, unlike the 'perfect' teen idols, can eat what I want--which I take full advantage of--and don't have to worry about whether studio executive will whine at me for not being fit and trim. This is not to say I eat excessively--well actually I do, but my metabolism loves me right now--but teen idols don't get to just have a nacho party when they're craving some nachos really badly. So really, I have nothing against these people, in fact I sympathize with them; that is until they become self-centered brats with intense god-complexes. That's right, I'm talking Bieber, Aaron Carter, and all those other teen idols that went cuckoo bananas the second fame hit them in the face like a sack of elephants.
I just can't understand what would prompt these children to believe themselves to be so superior and therefore have the right to spit on their fans, urinate in mop buckets, and do other horrendous atrocities. It just doesn't make sense! Perhaps the exhaustion of being worked like pack-mules for so many years zapped their brains or something; frankly I don't know nor do I care, but whatever the reason, it's no excuse to be a butt. Just saying.
-Mariatu
Labels:
Mariatu
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment