First, this is a video of Tom Hiddleston reading Shakespeare's sonnet 18.
Now, hear me out, I won't take long (we only have a few moments until every fangirl on the internet faints, anyways). As most of you (at least those of you who aren't living under a rock... and aren't my mom) probably know, this man, more specifically, this British man with a nice accent and immeasurable fame, played Loki on the box office smash The Avengers. He recently took the stage at Comic Con in full costume and the crowd basically obeyed his every whim. Frankly, he was exponentially more successful at Comic Con than he was in the actual movie. You need only read one of the many articles describing the incident, or watch a video, or read the comments on the above youtube clip to determine for yourself how many and devoted are his fans.
And to this I say... Seriously?
I mean, forget Loki! Tom Hiddleston could rally a veritable army without any Norse or Marvel cannon behind him. If all the time the internet devotes to Tom Hiddleston was devoted, instead, to volunteering at homeless shelters or otherwise helping the community, how much would our neighborhoods improve!? Think about it...
Not that there's anything wrong with people being famous, or with non-famous people being interested in them and their lives, it's just that it's such a funny thing to think that we allocate so much of our time and resources to keeping up with these strangers who we don't know and who don't know us.
Like the internet.
Or professional football.
We procrastinate and we pay people ridiculous amounts of money to give each other brain damage.
At the very least we watch the commercials.
And on that note I will leave you with your thoughts.

Live long and prosper
Sherrod
I loved this Sherrod! Even if I'm somewhat guilty!
ReplyDelete