Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Hello, (mostly imagined) readers!
Sherrod here!
I know I've been gone for a while, but I'm back now, at least for the moment.

Now I'd like to talk about a problem at my local library, you know the one: the one with the books and computers, the one near the park.

Usually I love the library. Unlimited access to books during all working hours, wi-fi, mandatory silence: all of these are things that I appreciate and love, however, recently it has come to my attention that our library is lacking in a very real and glaring way.

Out of the huge and sprawling American history collection at this library, there are literally TWO, I repeat TWO books that have anything to do with women's suffrage: one of them is a biography of Susan B. Anthony, and another is a history of voting and democracy in the United States.

AND THAT IS RIDICULOUS.

Not to mention pathetic and upsetting for many reasons including
1. I have a paper to write and had hoped to do it on race relations within the suffrage movement, and that's gonna be hard to do with NO BOOKS ON SUFFRAGE.
2. DID I MENTION THERE ARE NO BOOKS ON SUFFRAGE? Just, what!? I don't even!?asdfghjkl!

So, dear readers, (yes, I'm talking to you, it's not like there's a bunch of others, is it?) if you have any books on race relations within the suffrage movement, or women's suffrage in general, you know where they are needed.
... My house
... Seriously, you guys, I have a paper to write
... Help me, please

I'll be waiting eagerly by the door for you to bring the books
Until then, dear readers
Live long and prosper.
~ Sherrod

No comments:

Post a Comment