So, I know it's a little late, but my bat mitzvah is in two weeks.
AND I'M FREAKING OUT
...
....
.....
Really, though, it's getting down to the wire and I'm pretty stressed. Maybe this is why kids do it when they're twelve, how stressed can a twelve year old really be?... wait, no, I take it back.
I had my first existential crisis when I was twelve.
Anyway, I basically have to have, like, fifteen minutes worth of Hebrew chants memorized.
It's hard enough to memorize fifteen minutes of English anything, especially sans music and without a cue or any chance of improvisation. Forget another (non-romance, non-germanic) language!
In addition to all this, I have to give a speech about my life, bearing my soul to anyone who decides to show up that day.
Sounds fun, right?
well, there is going to be cake afterwards... so....
We'll see how it goes.
Live long and prosper,
Sherrod

No comments:
Post a Comment